Sunday 12 August 2012

You gotta start somewhere!

For my tiny house project my plan is to use as many reused, free, recycled materials as possible. There are two reasons for this; firstly, to keep costs down as much as possible and secondly, I want to help keep materials out of the landfill and try to make my house as "green" as possible. I have been looking on kijiji for weeks now trying to find materials that are either free or pretty close to free and have been emailing back and forth with quite a few people that are trying to get rid of their left over renovation materials. I was lucky enough today to find some really nice oak hardwood flooring that is just the perfect amount to have flooring in both the lofts of my tiny house! I would like to add at this point that it was completely FREE, I just love that I was so lucky to grab it before someone else and it's good knowing it will be put to good use. I also found a large skylight and a door that I will be picking up today. So far my tiny house has cost nothing and am hoping that I will be lucky enough to build the whole thing for less than $6000 with the trailer and all the supplies. My tiny house trailer will be purchased on Friday, again for a pretty good deal. Take a look at my flooring, pretty nice hey :)

2 comments:

  1. The light colour will definitely make the space feel bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes thats what I'm hoping for! With such a small space anything that makes it feel bigger sure helps :)

    ReplyDelete